Friday 15 November 2019

Planting Sunflower Seeds

Yesterday Room 10 was planting sunflower seeds for the competition at our school.  Our class made flower pots out of newspaper because the newspaper is more healthy for the environment.   We will eventually plant some of our sunflower plants in the school garden for the competition.  We used seed mix to put in the flower pots.   It was a lot of fun planting our sunflower seeds.  After we put the soil in, we placed in the seed and then after that, we added more soil to cover the seed.  In the end, we put the flower pots into big trays outside and watered them with a spray bottle. Today we continued planting our seeds for the people who weren't at school yesterday.


5 comments:

  1. I notice you are thinking of the environment by using paper cups. I think this will also help the sunflowers to grow better. I wonder when you will see them sprout up! From Whaea Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so cool .I wonder how long it will take for the seeds. By the way I noticed how you made your pots out of newspaper and I think that so clever.

    By Reagan Swan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I notice that you took time to make your own pots instead of buying plastic ones. I think you have done a very amazing job of making your pots a perfect shape. I wonder if the sunflowers are going to grow better with paper cups. from Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job plating sunflower saving the planet by
    not buying plastic holders. and making your own paperer cups . wonder how big it going
    to grow by Aryan

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is wonderful you are using newspaper
    for the environment, I wonder how big they are
    going to grow.

    From Simon Room 12.

    ReplyDelete

Haiku Poetry

 Kia Ora! Here's another update from what we've been up to in room 10!  This time it's about our writing - we've written Hai...